Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Curse of the Good Girl, Tuneful, and My Hair

    I dyed my hair today. Naturally I'm a brunette. Medium brown. For 8th grade graduation, I had gotten red high lights. Since then, I've gotten different shades of red highlights: fire red, violet red, violet red mixed with fuchsia. My hair had to be five or so different colors. But now I've evened it all out in one color: Black.

            Before                                               After
Year book photo with my red/brown hair.
I had paid extra for them to take out my
zits in the year book photo...


 ...I wish I could do the same with my camera. You don't get the full
effect of the color in this picture, but it's pretty dark. My bathroom lighting is just sucky so you can't really tell. 



     Onto inkpop news. For those who don't know, I'm part of a teen writing site called inkpop.com. Over the summer, I had a novel up called Confessions of an Optimistic Pessimist: Life, Love & Other Absurd Forces. Right now I'm working on another novel, but it's not really up on inkpop. It's too hard balancing school, creative writing classes and work, writing a book, and swapping reads and requests. So, I'm not swapping until it's finished and edited. Still, I make exceptions.

    Besides time issues, another real reason why I don't read much on inkpop is because I've come to find that a lot of what people write these days is not what I'm interested in. It's hard giving someone a helpful and good review when you want to rip your eyes out of your head just to have a reason not to. It's not because of their writing itself, I'm sure their good, but it's the genre. I used to love paranormal and supernatural books, but for at lest right now I'm into realistic fiction. And lest me tell you, more then 70% of inkpop is supernatural books.

    A little over a week ago I received a read request. It wasn't even a swap request, the person just wanted me to read their project! I was about to ignore it, when I noticed that she had included a book trailer link with the project. I love book trailers. Be it published books, self-published books, or unpublished books, if there is a trailer, I will watch it. I copy and pasted the link and decided to watch it. What I saw was this:




    I was so blown away by this trailer, that I did decide to read her story, Tuneful. I ended up really loving it. Some book trailers are ten times better then the actual book, but not in this case. They compliment each other perfectly. I may only be on chapter four, but already I know that it's my new favorite book on inkpop -- it's staying on my picks list until it makes it to the top!

    As much as I love her book, it's really her trailer that drew me in. If it wasn't for it, I would have never checked out the book. So, being slightly shameless, I asked her to make me one. Of course I hoped she would say yes, but seeing as my own schedule is so busy, I had really no way of knowing if hers was equally or even more busy then mine. I was prepared for a no. When she responded back with a yes, I swear I felt like doing somersaults! Of course I didn't, I don't want to kill myself. It took her about week, but today I received an email saying it was finished. This is the end product:



     I'm in love with it. It works perfectly for my story. I'm amazed that she grasped my  vision so well -- but maybe that's because I wrote her like two Microsoft word pages of info for the trailer. It may have been too much info, but it obviously paid off. So thank you so much to emaone who made me the loveliest book trailer in book trailer history -- except for maybe the one she made for her own book. I can't decided which one I like better. She is just so talented that all her work is great: book trailers; book covers; book itself. Check out her website. You can find it here. Her YouTube channel can be found here. And I already linked her inkpop profile to her name above, but I might as well like it again here.

     Last night I finished chapter five of my The Curse of the Good Girl. I'm at 9, 566 words. Though it might be less. Chapter one is probably going to be taken apart and used for scrap. There's parts that just don't work and so I'm going to copy and paste what does and erase what doesn't. But that's not until I'm done. I'm leaving the editing for later and am just going to concentrate on writing for now.

                                   XOXO,
                                        Libby

No comments:

Post a Comment